Head of Sales and Customer Service. Cosmetics. FMCG
Our client is a global life science service provider with more than 40,000 staff and a turnover in excess of €4bn. Providing a wide range of analysis and testing services, the global Covid pandemic has seen explosive growth in their clinical diagnostics business.
For their German HQ in Hamburg, they are looking to hire an experienced Business Unit Lead to become responsible for three business Units (Cosmetics, Detergents & Hygiene) with 9 direct reports from the sales and CRM team.
Reporting directly to the Managing director your responsibilities will include,
- P&L Management and Budget planning - responsibility for sales, costs and overall results during the year and the associated monthly reporting / controlling of the business unit (BU) in cooperation with the management
- Define, together with the Managing Director, the strategy of the BU, its innovation policy and Sales development roadmap.
- Active member of the executive committee of the legal entity
- Personnel responsibility for the BU team with currently nine employees (front office, mainly sales and technical experts)
- Management of the Business Development / sales activities of the BU
- General work organization in the BU and coordination of day-to-day business of the BU (among others priorities of the team members, sales development and prospection, customer inquiries, turn-around-compliance, superordinate interface to the laboratory and sample receipt)
- Optimization of the BU processes and further development of the corresponding KPI controlling
- Superordinate contact person and coordinator and decision-maker for technical questions, customer complaints and quality issues
This position requires someone who is an experienced leader, self-driven and wants to make a difference within Life science.
For more information and a confidential call about this position, please contact: